View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyalia

re: GPU settings - Potential GPU Killing Bug

I just got this dandy bit of Info while trolling the forums during the server downtime.

If you haven't manually set your FPS with /maxfps command; then you are redlining your card without even knowing it. Apparently STO has a huge bug where it sets your GPU to try and attempt an infinite framerate which bottoms it out. Even if you arent running hot you are still doing damage since its redlined. To fix this serious problem log into the game and type /maxfps if it comes up 0.000000 then you have been running redline for days most likely. Just type /maxfps(space)# between 30-60 for fps. Then type just /maxfps to make sure it took.

The /showfps command may still show zero but thats bugged so dont pay attention to it. After you set your maxfps you should notice markably increased performance, less heat if you were running crazy hot like me, and the ability to set more stuff to max if you were unable to before.

LAST TIP VERY IMPORTANT. Dont forget that every time you log in you must set your fps again or it will go back to 0.00000

You can also do the maxfps command in the laucher under options and put in the command line -maxfps #

If you have vertical sync enabled though you should be ok

Thanks for the info. Happy

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Folding@Home - Bringing us one step closer to real life Star Trek:
http://phoenixfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4162373&gid=131869
Moooooose

Thanks for the info. I've done it anyway but does this only affect the uber graphics cards that are likely to get a high framerate or all cards? Mine is pretty average and the highest i get, even when zoning is 50 ish.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Phoenix Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum